Concrete Crew Members
Summit Contracting is the premier builder of agricultural structures in South Dakota & Nebraska. Currently, we are looking to hire experienced concrete Crew members. This position will include Prep work, placement, installation, finishing, curing, and cutting and more. The majority of work to be performed is within the following scope:
- Footings and Foundations
- Retaining Wall Foundations
- Building floors
- Driveways and Aprons
- Grain System Pits
- Show up daily, on time and ready to work.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, plans & drawings or the willingness to learn
- Ability to work alone once instructions have been given.
- Accurately document materials used, and hours worked
- Follow safety regulations
- Report accidents or misconduct to management
- Minimum of 2 years of two years preferred but not required.
- Must be physically fit and be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- High School Diploma or GED. Continued education is a plus.
- Class A CDL preferred but not required.
- Experience in operating machinery is a plus (Skid-Steer, Backhoe, Telehandler, Excavator, Truss Screed, Laser Screed).
- Experience operating laser level and shooting elevations is a plus
- Teamwork and Communication Skills
- Must have an eye for detail
- Able to travel out of town and stay overnight as required.
- Able to work a 40-hour work week with overtime.
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions and elements, indoor or outdoor including heat, cold, rain, mud, dust, and snow depending on job location.
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Clothing allowance
- Work Truck Provided
- Overtime Pay
Summit Contracting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
FEDERAL LAW OBLIGATES US TO PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE KNOWN DISABILITIES OF APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES, UNLESS TO DO SO WOULD IMPOSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED AN ACCOMMODATION TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS OR TO PERFORM ANY ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE POSITION SOUGHT.
Applications are considered for all positions, and employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.
Notice to Applicants: An illegal drug test and background check are required as a Conditional Offer of Employment.