Drafting/ Design Specialist.
Summit Contracting is the premier builder of agricultural structures in South Dakota & Nebraska. Currently, we are looking to hire an experienced Drafting/Design Specialist to join our team! This position will work with our sales and CAD team to develop accurate drawings to present to customers.
- CAD Operators use Computer Aided Drafting software’s and techniques and design to create construction packets.
- Develop and draft construction plans, elevations, and details
- Maintain, digitize, update, and distribute revisions as they come in.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an associate degree from an accredited institution in CAD or a related discipline.
- A minimum of two (2) years direct work experience in CAD may be considered as a substitute for a degree.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of Auto Cad, Auto Cad Inventor, Microsoft Office, and Rhino CAD software are desirable, but not necessary.
- Must be detail orientated
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report prior to being employed.
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Short Term/Long-Term Disability
- Clothing Allowance
- We’ve Got Each Other’s Backs – First and foremost, we are at team. That means when someone is having a hard time, we step up and help each other out, whether it’s part of our day-to-day job or not. We’ve got each other’s backs. No questions asked.
- Own Up – No one is perfect. We get that. If you make a mistake, own up to it, help to fix it, learn from it and move on
- It Ain’t always Sunny – Ag construction is a vital part of our rural economy, but it’s hard work. Whether it’s 85 and sunny, or 15 and snowing, we work in the elements, day in and day out. Because of that, positive attitudes are a must. We’re all in this together in every situation to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- No Jerks Allowed – It doesn’t matter if we’re talking to a customer or a colleague, treating others with respect, having a good attitude, and taking responsibility for our work is the utmost importance. Whatever job we’re on, we give 100% at all times, doing everything to the very best of our ability. We take pride in what we do and how we treat one another is no exception.
- Everything we build, we build with excellence and pride. We want to show the world that no one builds better than Summit.
Summit Contracting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
FEDERAL LAW OBLIGATES US TO PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE KNOWN DISABILITIES OF APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES, UNLESS TO DO SO WOULD IMPOSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED AN ACCOMMODATION TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS OR TO PERFORM ANY ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE POSITION SOUGHT.
Applications are considered for all positions, and employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.
Notice to Applicants: An illegal drug test and background check are required as a Conditional Offer of Employment.