Summit Contracting is the premier builder of agricultural structures in South Dakota & Nebraska. We are looking to hire a South Dakota Licensed Journeyman Electrician to join our expanding team! Our scope of work includes agriculture buildings, storage units, shouses, grain bin systems and more. Successful applicants will be able to install, repair, and troubleshoot electrical assemblies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and follow Summit Contracting’s Company Values.
- Put safety as a top priority
- Care for Company material, tools and equipment as if they are your own.
- Able to read blueprints or the desire to learn.
- Represent Summit Contracting professionally at all times.
- Installing and repairing electrical wiring controls and switches.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as conveyors and programmable controllers, following electrical code and blue-prints using hand tools and voltage testers.
- Ability to safely operate tools and equipment such as cable cutters, hammer, drills, compression tools and jack hammers
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC),local codes and OSHA safety standards.
- Have strong expertise in all aspects of trade related materials, components, equipment, systems, methods of installation, safety procedures, safe work practices, trade related calculations, blueprint and drawing interpretation, and troubleshooting.
- Valid SD or NE Journeyman electrician license.
- Two-year tech school degree in electrical construction or the equivalent on the job experience preferred.
- Osha 10 certification preferred but not required
- Class A CDL preferred but not required.
- Able to lift up to and in excess of 75lbs
- Able to work alone once instructions have been given
- Able to wear personal protective equipment and any other safety-related equipment.
- Able to work in extreme weather conditions and elements, indoor or outdoor including heat cold rain mud dust and snow depending on job location.
- Able to work a 40-hour work week with overtime.
- Able to travel out of town and stay overnight as required
- Able to show up to work every day on time.
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Clothing allowance
- Work Truck Provided
- Overtime Pay
Summit Contracting is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
FEDERAL LAW OBLIGATES US TO PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE KNOWN DISABILITIES OF APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES, UNLESS TO DO SO WOULD IMPOSE AN UNDUE HARDSHIP. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED AN ACCOMMODATION TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS OR TO PERFORM ANY ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE POSITION SOUGHT.
Applications are considered for all positions, and employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination, as provided under applicable state and federal law.
Notice to Applicants: An illegal drug test and background check are required as a Conditional Offer of Employment.