Platte, SD - Summit Contracting, a leading provider of ag construction services in South Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa, is proud to announce that it has welcomed a group of college summer interns and new college hires who will be building a strong foundation for their careers this summer.
The new hires and interns had the opportunity to connect with some of the Summit Contracting leadership team and department directors at a recent event, where they were able to learn more about what to expect as they join the Summit team. The event was filled with food and fellowship, providing everyone with a chance to get to know one another and build meaningful connections.
The new college hires and interns come from various higher educational institutes throughout South Dakota and Nebraska, including Mitchell Technical Institute, Southeast Technical College, South Dakota State University, Southeast Community College, and the University of Sioux Falls. They hold a wide range of college degrees, including, Ag-Business Management, Architectural Design and Building Construction, Building Construction Technologies, Construction Management, Electrical Construction and Maintenance, Progressive Welding Technology, Accounting and Business Management, Media Design Technology-Graphic Design, and Advertising & Marketing.
At Summit Contracting, the company's core values are integral to its identity. They hire individuals who share their principles and blend with their professional family. Core values include:
- We've got each other's backs: First and foremost, we are a team. That means when someone is having a hard time, we step up and help each other out, whether it's part of our day-to-day job or not. We've got each other's backs. No questions asked.
- Own up: No one is perfect. If you make a mistake, own up to it, help to fix it, learn from it and move on.
- It's not always sunny: Ag construction is a vital part of our rural economy, but it's hard work. Whether it's 75 and sunny, or 15 and snowing, we work in the elements, day in and day out. Because of that, positive attitudes are a must. We're all in this together in every situation to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- No jerks allowed: Treating each other with respect, having a good attitude, and taking responsibility for our work is of the utmost importance. Whatever job we're on, we give 100% at all times, doing everything to the very best of our ability. We take pride in what we do, and how we treat one another is no exception.
- Everything we build, we build with excellence and pride: Summit Contracting wants to show the world that no one builds better than they do.
"Building a great company culture starts with a strong foundation," said Jerad Hutchens, Summit Contracting President. "We're thrilled to welcome our new college hires and interns to Team Summit; we're excited to see how they will contribute to our mission of building with excellence and pride."
Summit Contracting wishes the new college hires and interns long-lasting careers with the company.
Summit Contracting is a self-perform and full-service on farm construction company specializing in post and steel frame buildings, grain bins, grain system millwright, livestock confinements, excavation that includes water and sewer, crane services, concrete, and electrical with locations in Platte, Pierre and Brookings, South Dakota; Seward, Nebraska, and Sioux Center, Iowa. The Future of Ag is Building-www.BuildSummit.com.